|UPDATE: Our first week at school was fantastic, but super busy!
Thanks to those of you who handed in your Class Challenge sheet. It has been pointed out that some people are feeling a bit rushed to complete the activity, and are also finding it difficult to do the webquest portion without access to the classroom pods, therefore we have decided to extend the deadline.
If you handed your’s in on Thursday you will get your class in the draw 7 times, the entries will decrease by one each day until next Thursday, September 14, which will be the last day to submit. We’ll do the draw on Friday Sep 15 in the morning. Teachers have been emailed this information and the poster in the atrium will also be changed. Teachers – When you are finished, hand in just your checklist to Mr. MacEwen (or put it in his mailbox.) Good luck!
|PLEASE NOTE: A copy of this document was given to teachers via email and their mailbox. Completed forms can be given to Mr. MacEwen. Good luck everybody!|
Dear Intermediate Teachers / Students,
Welcome back! Sometime this first week, please do the following activities in your homeroom class. (Homeroom teachers can either do it themselves, or partner up with literacy teachers.) When you have checked off all of the items, please fill out the form and give it to Mr MacEwen so your class will have a chance to win a box of Timbits.
UPDATED SCORING SYSTEM
- Handed in on Wednesday (SEP 6) – 8 chances to win
- Handed in on Thursday (SEP 7) – 7 chances to win
- Handed in on Friday -(SEP 8) – 6 chances to win
- Handed in on Monday (SEP 11) – 5 chances to win
- Handed in on Tuesday (SEP 12) – 4 chances to win
- Handed in on Wednesday (SEP 13) – 3 chances to win
- Handed in on Thursday (SEP 14) – 2 chances to win (LAST DAY TO SUBMIT)
- Winner will be announced on Friday SEP 15.
Try to do the following tasks as a class. (A lot of information is posted on our new LDH78.ca website)
1. Watch the JC Polh Teen Truth video promo and discuss. Teen Truth is coming to our school to do a special presentation in the middle of September.
- (HINT: It’s on this LDH78 website. Use the search box on the right, or skim and scan the NEWS or PEP TALK sections.)
2. Go for a tranquility walk to practice social skills, review routines, and to build habits.
Grade 7s – Welcome to Longfields! Here’s a chance to see how we fly.
Grade 8s – We’re not trying to be condescending. This is just a fun way to go for a class walk. (Reviewing routines helps everyone get on the same page. Plus, there are some changes!)
Places to visit:
- Waiting area at 8:35 AM by the Secondary tech wing
- Waiting area at 8:35 AM by the Secondary comm-tech / art wing.
- Intermediate Atrium / Whiteboard. (Did you know the classrooms on the first floor can hear everything. Let’s be respectful of their teaching space.)
- Main office – What do you do if you’re late or need to sign out early?
- Auditorium steps – NEW this year! Classes have assigned seats for assemblies.
- Vending machines – Use it during the first part when you come down to the caf.
- Cafeteria – What are the rules / expectations / exit procedures?
- Exit from the cafeteria back door, and go to the yard
- New Yard boundaries (see the map on our website)
- Enter from door F – this should be the only entrance used at breaks
What should transitions look like?
- Quieter conversations so we don’t disturb classes in session. (We all transition at different times during the day.)
- Walking is always a good idea.
Why should I try to walk on the right?
- Safety: less traffic jams / eases congestion
- Being mindful of others / building habits / learning etiquette
- Being respectful – let’s walk on the right
- We’re not going to send you to the office, but if we have to talk to you repeatedly, it’s not about the hallway, it may be about a defiance issue.
3. Do the webquest using the new LDH78.ca website and the student agenda.
Updated on Sun Sep 10, 2017